2016 Indian Motorcycle DARK HORSE, THUNDER BLACK SMOKE
C&E Auburn V-Twin, Inc.
DARK HORSE, THUNDER BLACK SMOKE
EXTRAS - EXTRAS! Oil Cooler, Drive Lights, Smoke Windshield. Blk Saddlebags, Windshield bag and tank bag. Black Stage 1 Exhaus with shields, Grab rail and fender rack. Full Black hardware. A 7 Year Extended Warranty and the 10K Service was just comleted! Ready to GO!
Raw. Powerful. Genuine. Blacked-out from end to end, the 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse® delivers pure, premium Indian Motorcycle performance.
- Blacked-Out Styling: It’s black from end to end, including the wheels, forks, handlebars, engine, bodywork – even the Warbonnet up front.
- Thunder Stroke® 111: The proven, powerful Thunder Stroke® 111 engine serves up 119 ft-lbs of torque, and is finished primarily in black.
- Keyless Ignition: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief Dark Horse® key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- ABS & Cruise Control: This advanced, automotive-quality braking lets you ride with confidence and helps you stop under control. Easy to set and adjust, the cruise control enhances your enjoyment during highway cruising.
- True Dual Exhaust: The engine produces a rich exhaust note from the true dual exhaust. The exhaust was acoustically engineered to eliminate high-pitched sounds, so what you really hear is Indian Motorcycle® thunder.
Classic Iconic Features
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging: The fuel tank features distinctive monochrome Warbonnet graphics seen only on the Indian Chief Dark Horse®.
- Warbonnet: Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic Warbonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a blacked-out frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian® motorcycle.”
- Valenced Fenders: Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian® motorcycle. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian® motorcycle is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian® motorcycle valenced fenders.
- Unpolished Style: The first Indian Motorcycle of its kind. The 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse maintains the legendary Indian Chief styling, while taking an unpolished and raw approach to its finish with blacked-out styling.
Comfort with Style
- Performance: Boost the performance of your Indian® motorcycle, create more legroom on the left side of the engine, and enhance the style of the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin. The “Big Sucker” intake lets the engine “inhale” more freely for a slight performance gain, and it enhances throttle response.
- Ape Hanger Handlebar: Elevate your style with 16" Ape Hanger Handlebars. These comfortably raise your riding position without stressing your arms. They also add style and a customized look to your bike.
- Pinnacle One-Up Luggage Rack: Add convenient cargo carrying space quickly and easily by installing this One-Up Luggage Rack. The Luggage Rack bolts directly onto the Indian® motorcycle in place of the passenger seat and provides a convenient place to securely attach cargo.
- Style: Transform the appearance of your motorcycle with blacked out fender trim. The easy-to-install gloss black parts add a darker style to your ride.
- Exhaust: Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response. Add extra style to your exhaust with a set of Fishtail Exhaust Tips
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. / 1811 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. / 101mm x 113mm
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection /54mm bore
- Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs): 119.2 ft-lbs/ 138.9 N m
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm/2600 rpm
- Clutch Type: Wet, Multi-Plate
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (119 mm) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in. mechanical preload (94 mm mechanical preload)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper Dual Front / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in. Front and 16 in. x 5 in. Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 5.5 gal. / 20.8 L
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. / 140 mm
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 46.3 in. / 1176 mm
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 40.4 in. / 1025 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29 deg.
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. / 660 mm
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in. / 1730 mm
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 103.5 in. / 2630 mm
- GVWR: 1260 lb. / 573 kgs
- Trail: 6.1 in. / 155.0 mm
- Weight (Empty tank / full of fuel): 751 lb. / 785 lb. 341 kg / 357 kg
- Thunder Black Smoke
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Keyless Start
- Vinyl Seat
- Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer and electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation
NOTES:Indian® and Indian Motorcycle® are registered trademarks of Indian Motorcycle International LLC. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing and obey the speed limit. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 x 4.449 in. (101 x 113 mm)
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injecion /54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork, 4.7 in. (119 mm) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock - 3.7 in. (94 mm) mechanical preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper Dual Front / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- 68.1 in. (1730 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 6.1 in. (155.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 751 lb. (341 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Thunder Black Smoke