2017 Indian Motorcycle Roadmaster® - Steel Gray/Black
No bike can make you a leader. But this one certainly sends a message. Powered by our formidable Thunder Stroke® 111 engine, and packed with features to keep everything—and everyone—in check. Like a power windshield. 100-watt premium audio system. Remote-locking saddlebags. And poised, confident handling. You’ve already earned the bragging rights. Own them. Be legendary.
- Heritage inspired powerplant: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful engine offering premium performance, as well as legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Remote-Lockable Hard Saddlebags: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals. You can even lock them remotely using a console-mounted button, or via the bike’s key fob.
- Outstanding steering geometry: The steering geometry of the Indian Chieftain® was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- Chrome Headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle®, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS braking: With ABS braking, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Design inspiration: To design this fairing, our team looked for inspiration outside of the motorcycle industry. They landed on the sleek and powerful streamliner locomotives of the 1950s. With these classically styled machines as their guide, a new icon for Indian Motorcycle was born.
- Push-button height adjustable windshield: With a push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate hard with power to spare in every gear.
- Premium concert audio: Built into the fairing is a 100-watt audio system, delivering premium-quality sound from dual high-output speakers. Smartphones and other audio sources can be connected via cable or Bluetooth®.
- Keyless ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Cruise control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- The Indian Motorcycle® RIDE COMMAND™ System: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves. Through this industry-leading seven-inch display, you can get turn-by-turn directions. Quickly find points of interest. Play Bluetooth® audio. Check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Cast aluminum frame: This cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling, and confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Chrome highway bar: These chrome highway bars provide premium-quality shine. You can also accessorize them with stylish wraps or comfortable footrests.
- Internally wired handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs (161.6 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-Over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Overall Height: 54.6 in. (1388 mm)
- Overall Length: 101.2 in. (2571 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (630 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 828 lb. / 860 lb. (376 kg / 391 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Wildfire Red over Thunder Black, Star Silver over Thunder Black
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or Km/H unit designation.
- Ride Command™: 7" Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Driving Lights; Highway Bar; Keyless Start; Power Windshield; Desert Tan Genuine Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 828 lb. (376 kg)
- Wildfire Red over Thunder Black, Star Silver over Thunder Black