2018 Indian Motorcycle Chief® Vintage - Sky Blue/Pearl White
Vintage Sky Blue Pearl White 1
Forged From Heritage. Refined For The Road Ahead.
The Chief® Vintage is a nod to simpler times. Just you and the road. But there’s more to it than that. Its timeless style, expressed though genuine leather saddlebags and whitewall tires, is backed by modern amenities including keyless ignition, cruise control and a quick release windshield for around-town cruising. And it's all powered by a chromed-out Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin engine. What are you waiting for?
- Thunder Stroke® 111: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful, award-winning engine with legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Quick Release Saddlebags: These genuine leather saddlebags offer both style and convenience. They hold plenty of cargo for you and your passenger. Plus, they feature Quick Release technology, so you can attach or remove them in under a minute with no tools required.
- Classic Whitewall Tires and Wire Wheels: The mark of a classic Indian Motorcycle® design: whitewall tires on wire wheels.
- Chrome Headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS Brakes: With ABS brakes, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Driving Lights: With standard front driving lights, the Chief Vintage illuminates the road for safe riding, day or night.
- Quick Release Windshield: This stylish windshield provides outstanding wind and weather protection to make every ride more comfortable. With Quick Release technology, it can be installed or removed in less than a minute with no tools.
- Internally Wired Handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate effortlessly with power to spare in every gear.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, all you have to do is climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Just enter your personal security code and go.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- Modern Yet Timeliness Instruments: We brought this heritage-inspired instrument panel into the 21st century, while maintaining its timeless style.
- Chrome Hand Controls: Chrome never goes out of style, and you’ll find plenty of it from end to end on the Chief Vintage.
- Premium Genuine Leather Seats: Comfortable seats feature premium grade leather designed to withstand the elements and retain its natural beauty. They add to the beautiful style while delivering all-day riding comfort.
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging: The logos on this bike are powerful, stylish and iconic. No other brand has such legendary identification. For over 115 years, Indian Motorcycle® has stood for the ultimate in style, performance and power.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling, and confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Chrome Highway Bars: Chrome highway bars provide premium-quality shine that can be accessorized with stylish wraps or comfortable footrests.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119 ft. lb. (161.6 N m)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in. (94 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Spoked 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Spoked 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in. (1730 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Overall Height: 58.7 in. (1490 mm)
- Overall Length: 103.7 in. (2634 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 29 deg.
- Trail: 6.1 in. (155.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1260 lb. (572 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 818 lb. / 850 lb. (371 kg /385 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Willow Green over Ivory Cream, Sky Blue over Pearl White, Star Silver over Thunder Black
- Gauges: Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Highway Bar
- Indian® Script Tank Badge
- Keyless Ignition
- Light Bar
- Genuine Black Leather Seats
- Quick Release Lexan Windshield
- Quick Release Vintage Leather Saddle Bags
- Vintage Fender Badge
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock / 3.7 in. (94 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- 68.1 in. (1730 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 6.1 in. (155.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 818 lb. (371 kg)
- Willow Green over Ivory Cream, Sky Blue over Pearl White, Star Silver over Thunder Black