2018 Indian Motorcycle Indian Springfield® - Metallic Jade / Thunder Black
Getting Lost Is The Best Way To Find Yourself.
You. The road. Nothing else. Just the rumble of the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin. That’s what the Indian Springfield® delivers, along with modern amenities like keyless ignition, remote-locking hard saddlebags and a quick release windshield. Lose the map. Connect with the road. And your soul.
- Thunder Stroke® 111: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful, award-winning engine with legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Touring Chassis: A unique chassis with a 25° rake delivers unmatched handling and balance, even when fully loaded. Without the added weight of a fairing, the Indian Springfield can carve corners like no other bike in its class.
- Remote-Locking Hard Saddlebags: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals. You can even lock them remotely using a console-mounted button, or via the bike’s key fob.
- Trunk-Compatible Frame: The Indian Springfield is equipped with the most essential touring features, including a trunk-compatible frame that allows for enhanced passenger comfort and extra storage.
- Chrome Headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS Brakes: With ABS brakes, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Driving Lights: With standard front driving lights, the Indian Springfield illuminates the road for safe riding, day or night.
- Quick Release Windshield: This stylish windshield provides outstanding wind and weather protection to make every ride more comfortable. With Quick Release technology, it can be installed or removed in less than a minute, with no tools.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate effortlessly with power to spare in every gear.
- Internally Wired Handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- Modern Yet Timeless Instruments: We brought this heritage-inspired instrument panel into the 21st century, while maintaining its timeless style.
- Chrome Hand Controls: Chrome is the new standard, and you’ll find it from end to end on the Indian Springfield.
- Premium Genuine Leather: This comfortable two-up seat features premium grade genuine leather designed to withstand the elements and retain its natural beauty. Unique to Springfield, stud and stitch details complete the look.
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging: The logos on this bike are powerful, stylish and iconic. No other brand has such legendary identification. For over 115 years, Indian Motorcycle® has stood for the ultimate in style, performance and power.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling, and confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Chrome Highway Bars: Chrome front and rear highway bars provide premium-quality style and protection that can be accessorized with leather wraps or highway pegs.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed Loop Fuel Injection / 54 mm Bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119 ft. lb. (161.6 N m)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-Over
- Wheelbase: 67.0 in. (1701 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Overall Height: 56.8 in. (1442 mm)
- Overall Length: 101.7 in. (2583 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.0 in. (990 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.2 in. (133 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (628 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 818 lb. / 850 lb. (371 kg / 386 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Steel Gray over Burgundy Metallic, Metallic Jade over Thunder Black
- Lights: Headlight; Driving/Tail/Brake Lights; Turn Signals; License Plate Light; Speedometer with Indicator Lights
- Gauges: Tank Mounted Electronic Speedometer with Odometer; Dual Tripmeters; Digital Tachometer; Ambient Air Temperature; Fuel Range; Average Fuel Economy; Battery Voltage; Gear Position Display; Real-Time Clock; Vehicle Trouble Code Read-Out; Heated Grip Level (If Heated Grips Installed); Low Engine Oil Pressure; 9 LED Telltale Indicators: Cruise Control Enabled, Cruise Control Set, Neutral, High Beam, Turn Signal, ABS, Check Engine, and MPH or Km/H Unit Designation; Tank Mounted Electronic Fuel Gauge with Low Fuel LED Indicator
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Highway Bar
- Indian® Script Tank Badge
- Keyless Ignition
- Quick Release Windshield
- Quick Release Remote-Locking Hard Saddlebags, Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Light Bar
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Closed Loop Fuel Injection / 54 mm Bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 67.0 in. (1701 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.2 in. (133 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 818 lb. (371 kg)
- Steel Gray over Burgundy Metallic, Metallic Jade over Thunder Black