2019 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Chief Dark Horse®
C&E Auburn V-Twin, Inc.
Indian® Chief Dark Horse®
Deceptively simple. Undeniably powerful.
- Makes A Statement And Backs It Up: The Chief Dark Horse looks mean for a reason. Its soul-stirring Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin Engine delivers an exhilarating ride unlike any other.
- Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin Engine: The award-winning Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of raw torque for exceptional passing power in every gear.
- Dual Exhaust: Turn heads with dual exhaust pipes that deliver a rich, throaty note.
- Agile Handling & Control: Engineered to perform with a lightweight cast aluminum frame that delivers easy, nimble control.
- Bold. Aggressive. Powerful.: The Chief Dark Horse combines raw power with one-of-a-kind style. With premium features and an aggressive, blacked-out design, the Chief Dark Horse turns heads wherever it goes.
- New Premium Gloss Black Finishes: Blacked-out from end to end, and now with premium gloss black details, the Chief Dark Horse makes a statement.
- Blacked-Out Headdress: A blacked-out version of the iconic illuminated headdress, gracing the front of Indian Motorcycles since 1947.
- Iconic Tank Badge: The smoke gray tank badge celebrates Indian Motorcycle styling.
- An Eye To The Future: The Chief stays true to its roots, a heritage of unmistakable style and uncompromising innovation that started over a century ago.
- All-New Ride Modes: Now you can choose between three ride modes, Tour, Standard and Sport, for an experience that's customized to your riding style.
- Enhanced Comfort: Rear Cylinder Deactivation automatically shuts off the rear cylinder when the bike is stopped for enhanced comfort in slow-moving traffic. As soon as you hit the throttle, the rear cylinder seamlessly reactivates for full power.
- Modern Technology: Cruise control, internally wired handlebars, and keyless ignition so you never have to fumble for your keys again.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in x 4.449 in (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Displacement: 111 cu in (1,811 cc)
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Gear Ratio (1st): 9.403 : 1
- Gear Ratio (2nd): 6.411 : 1
- Gear Ratio (3rd): 4.763 : 1
- Gear Ratio (4th): 3.796 : 1
- Gear Ratio (5th): 3.243 : 1
- Gear Ratio (6th): 2.789 : 1
- Horsepower: N/A
- Peak Torque: 119 ft-lb (161.6 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3,000 rpm
- Transmission/Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal (20.8 L)
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in (140 mm)
- GVWR: 1,260 lb (572 kg)
- Lean Angle: 31°
- Overall Height: 46.3 in (1,176 mm)
- Overall Length: 103.5 in (2,630 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in (1,000 mm)
- Rake/Trail: 29° / 6.1 in (155 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in (660 mm)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 732 lbs / 764 lbs (332 kg / 346 kg)
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in (1,730 mm)
- Front Brakes: Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
Tires / Wheels
- Front Tires: Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Front Wheel: Cast 16 in x 3.5 in
- Rear Tires: Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Rear Wheel: Cast 16 in x 5 in
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork - Cartridge Type
- Front Travel: 4.7 in (120 mm)
- Rear Suspension: Single Shock
- Rear Travel: 3.7 in (94 mm)
- Color / Graphics: Thunder Black Smoke
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation
- Infotainment: N/A
- Lights: N/A
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cruise Control; Keyless Ignition
NOTES:Indian® and Indian Motorcycle® are registered trademarks of Indian Motorcycle International LLC. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing and obey the speed limit. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. *Vehicle shown may vary visually by market and may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. See your dealer for details.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1,811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- 68.1 in. (1,730 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 6.1 in. (155 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 732 lb.
- Thunder Black Smoke