2019 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Chieftain® Limited - Color Option
Indian® Chieftain® Limited - Color Option
New, streamlined styling meets proven performance.
- Take The Lead: Lead the way with the Chieftain Limited. With an extensive package of premium amenities, the impressive power of the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin engine and unmatched handling, it's easy to do.
- Aggressive Styling: A bike that looks as aggressive as it performs. Featuring a restyled fairing, slammed saddlebags, a 19" front wheel and new badging.
- New Gunfighter Seat: The Chieftain Limited's streamlined profile is enhanced by an all-new gunfighter seat.
- Modern And Aggressive: LED lighting from nose to tail and a lowered stance complete the custom-inspired look.
- A Higher Level Of Performance: When it comes to power and comfort, The Chieftain Limited is in a class of its own.
- Thunder Stroke 111 V-Twin Engine: The powerful Thunder Stroke 111 engine produces 119 ft-lbs of torque for exceptional power at low RPM and a responsive ride at any speed.
- Agile Handling and Control: Combines outstanding steering geometry and a lightweight cast aluminum frame to provide responsive handling and agile cornering.
- Indian Motorcycle® Ride Command®: It's the largest, fastest, most customizable system on two wheels, featuring turn-by-turn navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity, vehicle information and much more.
- Everything You Need And More: The Chieftain Limited is packed with all of the premium features and easy-to-use technology that take your ride to the next level.
- Premium Audio: High-output speakers in the fairing and trunk deliver 100-watts of crystal-clear audio. Featuring a dynamic equalizer that automatically adjusts for road, wind and engine noise.
- Modern Amenities: The Chieftain Limited comes standard with keyless ignition, cruise control, ABS and tire pressure monitoring.
- Power Windshield: A push-button power windshield allows you to easily change the height. Keep it low for wind in your face or raise it up to cruise in comfort.
- Control Your Ride With Ride Command: With the industry-leading Ride Command system, you control every aspect of your ride on a glove-compatible touchscreen with an easy-to-use interface, customizable vehicle information screens and two-finger pinch-to-zoom.
- All-New Ride Modes: Now you can choose between three ride modes, Tour, Standard and Sport, for an experience that's customized to your riding style.
- Enhanced Comfort: Rear Cylinder Deactivation automatically shuts off the rear cylinder when the bike is stopped for enhanced comfort in slow-moving traffic. As soon as you hit the throttle, the rear cylinder seamlessly reactivates for full power.
- Bluetooth® Connectivity: Wirelessly connect your phone to the bike's display with Bluetooth® to enjoy your favorite music on the open road. You can also pair a headset and receive calls and texts.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in x 4.449 in (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Displacement: 111 cu in (1,811 cc)
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Fuel System/Battery: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Gear Ratio (1st): 9.403 : 1
- Gear Ratio (2nd): 6.411 : 1
- Gear Ratio (3rd): 4.763 : 1
- Gear Ratio (4th): 3.796 : 1
- Gear Ratio (5th): 3.243 : 1
- Gear Ratio (6th): 2.789 : 1
- Horsepower: N/A
- Peak Torque: 119 ft-lb (161.6 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3,000 rpm
- Transmission/Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal (20.8 L)
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in (130 mm)
- GVWR: 1,385 lb (628 kg)
- Lean Angle: 31°
- Overall Height: 54.5 in (1385 mm)
- Overall Length: 98.7 in (2,506 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in (1,000 mm)
- Rake/Trail: 25° / 5.9 in (150 mm)
- Seat Height: 25.6 in (650 mm)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 795 lb (361 kg) / 827 lb (375 kg)
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in (1668 mm)
- Front Brakes: Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
Tires / Wheels
- Front Tires: Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Front Wheel: Cast 19 in x 3.5 in
- Rear Tires: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Rear Wheel: Cast 16 in x 5 in
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork - Cartridge Type
- Front Travel: 4.7 in (120 mm)
- Rear Suspension: Single Shock w/ Air adjust
- Rear Travel: 4.5 in (114 mm)
- Color / Graphics: Thunder Black Pearl
- Gauges: Fairing-mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and Mhp or km/h unit designation.
- Infotainment: 7" Ride Command® touchscreen display with real-time clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth Status for phone and headset; Ride Mode Selection; Map/Navigation
- Lights: LED
- Standard Equipment: 7" Ride Command® Touchscreen Display with Navigation; Power Windshield; Highway Bars; Vinyl Gunfighter Seat; Tire Pressure Monitoring; Remote-locking Hard Saddlebags; Selectable Ride Modes; Rear Cylinder Deactivation; ABS; Cruise Control; Keyless Ignition; 100 Watt Audio System with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband
NOTES:Indian® and Indian Motorcycle® are registered trademarks of Indian Motorcycle International LLC. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing and obey the speed limit. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. *Vehicle shown may vary visually by market and may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. See your dealer for details.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1,811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air adjust
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.6 in. (650 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 795 lb. (361 kg)
- Ruby Metallic, Dark Walnut